Product description of Zetia:
Zetia is an orally administered medication which is preferably used for the treatment of high cholesterol. This medication can be used alone or in combination with an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor. Zetia is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes lifestyle changes like diet, weight-loss, exercise to reduce the amount of cholesterol (a fat-like substance) and other fatty substances in the blood. Zetia works to reduce the blood cholesterol by reducing the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine.
What are the contraindications of Zetia?
- You should not use this medication if you have moderate to severe liver and kidney disease.
- This medication should not be use if you are allergic to any ingredient present in the Zetia.
- Do not use this medication if you have a thyroid disorder.
- You should not breastfeed if you take this medicine and if you have active liver disease, with a Statin medication.
What are the drug interactions of Zetia?
- Do not use Cyclosporine, Warfarin, Coumadin, and Jantoven along with this medication.
- You should not use herbal products, dietary supplements, and vitamins along with this medication.
- You should not take Ezetimibe with Gemfibrozil.
Method of administration of Zetia:
Zetia is available in 10 mg tablet dosage from. You may take this medication with or without food. You should take this medication same time each day. Administer this medication orally with sufficient amount of water. It may take up to 2 weeks before your cholesterol levels improve.
What are the side effects of Zetia?
While using this medication you may feel some common side effects such as muscle or joint pain, stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, diarrhea, pain in an arm or leg, diarrhea, and sore throat.