Xtane with an active ingredient Exemestane lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which might help in decreasing growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the body. Xtane is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It is often given to women whose cancer has progressed even after surgery, radiation, or other cancer medications have been tried without success.
Dosage Information of Xtane:
Xtane is available in the strength of 25mg to be taken once a day after a meal. This is a prescription medicine, so it should be taken only after the suggestion from the doctor and as prescribed by the physician. Intake of the medication should be done same time each day. Do not consume two tablets at a time as it may cause severe adverse effects. Some side effects are likely to occur while using this medicine such as swelling in hands, shortness of breath, chest pain, numbness and headache.
Do not take Xtane if you are-
- allergic to active ingredient Exemestane
- Pregnant or able to become pregnant and during breast feeding
- still having menstrual periods
- liver or kidney disease , cardiac disorders
- history of depression
Some drugs might interfere with the activity of Xtane such as-
- Prescription, over the counter medicines and herbal products
- rifampicin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, ethinyl estradiol, and anastrozole
- Avoid alcohol products while using this medication
- Avoid driving or operating any machinery that requires your alertness as use of this medication can make you feel dizzy
- This medication can decrease bone mineral density, so you must talk with your doctor before using this medication