Solifenacin succinate is used for the treatment of overactive bladder. This drug is marketed with the brand name of soliten. Solifenacin succinate belongs to the class of anticholinergics. Solifenacin succinate works to relax the bladder muscles and inhibits the urgent, inhibition and recurrent urination. It helps to reduce the feeling of pain in urinating. This medicine is not to be used by everyone.
Solifenacin succinate should be taken one time in a day with a glass of water. 5mg is used as the initial dose for a day it can be increased later with doctor confirmation.
Solifenacin succinate is highly contraindicated if used under certain medical conditions:
- if the patients are suffering from the stomach or glaucoma problems, or facing the trouble in emptying the bladder then keep away from Solifenacin succinate.
- Stay away from Solifenacin succinate you are hypersensitive to the active and inactive components of the medication.
- Solifenacin succinate is not to be used if an individual is facing if you experience puffiness of the lips, face, throat, or tongue.
- Pregnant women should not use Solifenacin succinate.
- Immediately inform your doctor if you are suffering from the severe abdominal pain, or become constipated for three or more days.
Solifenacin succinate shows drug interaction when used along with the combination of certain drugs such as Potassium preparations, Potent CYP3A4 inhibitors, and Strong CYP3A4 inducers.
Safety and precautions
- After consuming Solifenacin succinate individual should not indulge in driving and other machinery work which ask you to pay attention.
- Solifenacin succinate is not to be used in the children under the age of 6 years.
- A nursing mother should use this medication after doctor confirmation.