Requip contains generic drug ropinirole as active pharmaceutical ingredients. This drug is intended to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease such as muscle spasms, stiffness, poor muscle control, and tremors). This medication can be used is used only or along with the combination of additional medications to treat Parkinson's disease. It helps to develop your capability to shift and reduce shakiness (tremor), slowed movement, inflexibility, and instability. It may also lessen the numeral of episodes of not being capable of moving ("on-off syndrome").Requip show its mechanism by helping to reinstate the equilibrium of a certain natural substance (dopamine) in the brain.
Dosage instruction of Requip
The recommended dose for Parkinson's disease is usually 3 times a day. The route of administration is oral. This medication can be taken with or without food. But if you take this medication with food it may reduce the feeling of nausea.
Contraindications of Requip
This medication is harmful to the health of an individual if taken under certain medical conditions.
- Keep away from the usage of this particular drug if you are having a certain allergic reaction with the active and inactive drug comments.
- Do not consume this drug if you are suffering from renal and hepatic disorders.
- Patents those who are having some heart disorders should not consume this drug.
- Never consume this medication if you are taking some other prescription and nonprescription medication/herbal products.
Drug interaction of Requip
Requip may interact with other drug components when used along with the combination of certain drugs such as
Antipsychotics (chlorpromazine, haloperidol, thiothixene), Cimetidine, mexiletine, Fluvoxamine, omeprazole, estrogens, metoclopramide.
- Share your medical history with your heal provider before you take this medication especially if you have the history of heart disorder, mental/mood disorders, kidney problems, liver problems, sleep disorder, difficulty walking, low blood pressure.
- This drug may make you feel dizzy or drowsy. So don't take part in any of those works which ask for your attention.
- Limit alcoholic beverages when you are on treatment with this drug.
- Caution should be taken when using this drug in the elderly patients since they are more sensitive to face the side effects of the drug such as confusion, fainting, and hallucinations.
- This drug should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy.