High blood pressure is that condition which needs to be treated timely otherwise it can cause damage to the brain ,heart or kidney. Ramipril is the medicament which is used either alone or in combination with another drug to treat high blood pressure, and in some cases to treat a heart attack or heart failure. It comes under the class of ACE inhibitor which stand for angiotensin converting enzyme, which shows its mechanism of action by decreasing certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. It comes under the brand name Altace.
some usual side effect from which you suffer by the use of ramipril sudden weakness or ill feeling, fever, chills, sore throat, painful mouth sores, pain when swallowing, skin sores, cold or flu symptoms, chest pain.
Amount to be taken
The recommended dose of Ramipril is 0.25 mg once in a day. They are available in the form of tablet or capsule. The medicament should be taken by oral route with a plenty of water and it must be swallowed don't chewed the medicament. The medication should be ingested with or without food.
Conditions for avoiding?
- If you are allergic to Ramipril and any other ACE inhibitors such as enalapril
- If you have a history of heart or liver disease
- If you are breastfeeding mother
- If you have a history of surgery including dental surgery
- If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- while using Ramipril avoid intake of alcohol
- while taking this medicine don't consume salt substitutes
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise