Product description of Pristiq:
Pristiq contains Desvenlafaxine as an active constituent that is commonly used for the treatment of depression and major depressive disorder like loss of interest or pleasure, self-esteem. It is an orally administered medication. Pristiq belongs to a class of medication known as serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) of antidepressant. This medication works by restoring the balance of neurotransmitters in the brain serotonin and norepinephrine that helps in improving mood disorders.
How to administer Pristiq?
Pristiq is available in 50 mg tablet dosage form. Administer this medication orally with a full glass of water once a day. You may use this medication with or without food. You should administer this medication at the same time each day. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
What are the contraindications of Pristiq?
- Do not use this medication if you are suffering from bipolar disorder, liver or kidney disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or a history of stroke, narrow-angle glaucoma, and seizures or epilepsy.
- Do not use this medication if you are being treated with Linezolid or Methylene blue injection.
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to the ingredient of Pristiq.
- You should not use Pristiq if you have taken a MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days.
- This medication may cause problems in a newborn baby so do not use this medication without consulting a doctor.
- Do not use this medication if you are 18 years old without the advice of a doctor.
What are the side effects of Pristiq?
Chills, Fever and increased sweating, Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position, pounding, or irregular pulse, high or low blood pressure, headache, numbness or tingling in the arms or legs, and seizures.