Nolvadex is a useful and successful remedy for treating the breast cancer in early stage. Estrogen hormone is responsible for the growth of breast cancer. Thus, Nolvadex, which contains Tamoxifen as the major working constituent, is used to inhibit this estrogen hormone in breasts and helps in the treatment. By inhibiting the action of estrogen, Nolvadex is also helpful in preventing the breast cancer in women and in the treatment of breast cancer in men.
Contraindications of Nolvadex-
- Nolvadex is contradicted when you have hypersensitivity towards Tamoxifen or any present ingredient of Nolvadex.
- Nolvadex is not safe in pregnancy or breastfeeding state.
- Children must not take Nolvadex medicine.
Dosing of Nolvadex-
For the treatment of Breast cancer: Dose of 20mg in a day as a single dose or in divided dose as one in the morning and one in the evening and the maximum for a day can be 40mg if required.
For reduction of breast cancer: Dose of 20mg in a day continued for 5 years.
Nolvadex is an oral formulation meant to be consumed via mouth with water regardless of food.
Drug interactions of Nolvadex-
Side effects of Nolvadex-
Dry skin, fluid retention, edema, hot flushes, vaginal discharge, stomach upset, nausea, drowsiness, rashes, blurred vision, alopecia, weight gain, temporary decrease in the number of blood cells are some undesirable responses of Nolvadex.
Precautionary measures while taking Nolvadex-
- Before and after started Nolvadex therapy, take a routine blood test, ophthalmic consultations, and gynecological tests.
- Stay away from driving or any other activity that needs attention.