Nicotine is the primary ingredient in tobacco products and Nicotine gum are medical products that are used for smoking cessation in adults. Using a controlled quantity of nicotine helps in decreasing the nicotine withdrawal symptoms at the time of quitting smoking.
Method to use Nicotine polacrilex gum
You should chew the gum slowly and stop chewing it as soon as the mouth begins to tingle. Now keep the chewing gum between your cheek and gum until the tingly feeling is gone. Now gradually chew the chewing gum till the mouth begins to tingle. Continue doing this for a time duration of 30 minutes or till the tingly feeling disappears.
If you have very strong or frequent desire for smoking then you may chew a new piece of gum within 60 minutes.
Contraindications of Nicotine polacrilex gum
- A person having heart disease or heart rhythm disorder should avoid intake of this medicine.
- This gum should not be chewed in case of history of seizure disorder.
- If you are suffering from diabetes or having food allergy, then you should not chew this gum.
- Breast feeding females should not use this nicotine polacrilex gum.
Use of Nicotine polacrilex gum may lead to various unwanted ill effects such as mild dizziness, dry mouth, upset stomach, burping, or hiccups, mouth or throat soreness, changes in taste and headache.
Safety tips to be followed while administering Nicotine polacrilex gum are:
- You should avoid eating or drinking anything within 15 minutes before using the gum while the gum is in your mouth.
- You should not use more than 24 chewing gums in a day.