High blood pressure is that condition which needs to be treated timely otherwise it can cause damage to the brain ,heart or kidney. Lisinopril is the medicament which is used either alone or in combination with another drug to treat high blood pressure, and in some cases to treat a heart attack or heart failure. It comes under the brand PRINIVIL and ZESTRIL. It belongs to the class of ACE inhibitor which stand for angiotensin converting enzyme, which shows its mechanism of action by decreasing certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
How much to take?
Lisinopril supplied as 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg, which comes in the tablet form and should be taken by the oral route. The prescribed dose of medicament should be taken one time in a day, and it would be better if you consume the Lisinopril at the same time every day. the dose should be taken exactly as prescribed by a practitioner.
some usual side effect from which you suffer by the use of Lisinopril are swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, hoarseness, difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Conditions for avoiding?
- If you are allergic to Lisnopril and any other ACE inhibitors such as enalapril
- If you have a history of heart or liver disease
- If you are breastfeeding mother
- If you have a history of surgery including dental surgery
Safety precaution for Lisinopril
- While using Lisinopril avoid intake of alcohol
- While taking this medicine don't consume salt substitutes
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise