Generic Ibandronate sodium tablets is a bisphosphonates which is used to avert and treat osteoporosis (a condition which make bones thinner and breaks easily). The chances of osteoporosis increases after menopause or if you consume corticosteroid medications for longer time span. This medication functions by decreasing the bone loss which helps in maintain strong bones and decreases the risk of broken bones.
Dose of Generic Ibandronate sodium tablets
A female should consume one tablet of this medicine once in a month on same date. This medicine should be consumed 60 minutes before the intake of the meal. You should swallow this medicine as whole along with a glass of water in a standing or sitting position to reduce the possibility of esophageal irritation.
Contraindications of Generic Ibandronate sodium tablets
- Do not consume this medicine if you are hypersensitive towards generic sodium Ibandronate.
- Avoid administration of this medicine if you cannot sit or stand in an upright position for 60 minutes.
- If you have low calcium level in your blood, then you should not consume this medicine.
Intake of Generic Ibandronate sodium tablets may lead to various unwanted ill effects such as back pain, heartburn, abdominal pain, pain in your arms and legs, diarrhea, headache, muscle pain and flu-like symptoms.
Important points to be kept in mind while administering Generic Ibandronate sodium tablets
- Some people consuming this medicine may have serious jawbone issues, so you should get your mouth checked by doctor before starting this medicine.
- Females who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should consume this medicine with extra care.