Fluconazole is a medicinal remedy for fungal infections, as well as yeast infections of the oral cavity, throat, stomach, esophagus, lungs, blood, vagina, and other organs. It kills susceptible fungi by prying with the development of the fungal cell membrane. Fluconazole belongs to the class of drugs antifungal called Triazoles. Its mechanism is to slow down the intensification of fungi that cause infection.
Dosage instructions of Fluconazole
Fluconazole is available in the solid dosage form to be taken orally with a glass of plain water. You can take this drug with or without food. The usual recommended dose for the drug is once a day, with or you may need to take it for several weeks or longer depends on your circumstance and on how well your body react to Fluconazole.
Storage conditions of Fluconazole
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture
Contraindications of Fluconazole
- In case you are allergic to any active and inactive ingredient in Fluconazole, skip the usage of this particular medicine.
- Don't use this drug in case if you are taking other drugs like astemizole, cisapride, an ergot alkaloid
- If you are pregnant, or a breastfeeding never consumes this drug
- Do not take this medication if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- If you are having a history of liver or kidney problems, or heart problems, Fluconazole should not be consumed
- If you have a weakened immune system, don't consume Fluconazole.
- Patients those who are having cancer, HIV infection, blood electrolyte problems diabetes should stay away from his drug.
Side effects of Fluconazole
Changes in taste, swelling of the mouth, diarrhea, loss of appetite, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, headache, blistered, indigestion, nausea, mild stomach pain, bruising or bleeding nausea, vomiting.
Precautions of Fluconazole
- Fluconazole may cause dizziness. Thus driving and important works should be avoided which needs your alertness.
- If you take it with alcohol or certain medicines along with the use of Fluconazole then you should not use this drug.
- Fluconazole only works against fungi it does not use for the treatment of viral infections.