Flovent is a steroid, which comprises of generic Fluticasone as an active component. This aerosol spray is used to avert asthma attack but does not treat an asthma attack that has already begin. This medicine treats asthma by preventing the liberation of the substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation.
Method to use Flovent spray
You should place the index finger on top of canister and thumb below the mouthpiece of the inhaler. Now shake the inhaler for 5-10 seconds and breathe out fully. You should put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips around it. Push the top of the canister down while breathe in deeply through your mouth and press the canister once to release the medicine and continue breathing in till the lungs are full. Hold your breath for 5-10 seconds and then breathe out.
Contraindications of Flovent spray
- A person having hypersensitivity towards generic Fluticasone should avoid the use of this aerosol spray.
- This aerosol spray should not be used if you have low bone mineral density.
- In the case of a weak immune system , Flovent spray should not be used.
Use of Flovent aerosol spray may lead to various unwanted ill effects such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, sinus pain, low fever, cough, wheezing, chest tightness, hoarseness, white patches, headache, nausea, vomiting and upset stomach.
Precautions to be followed while using Flovent spray are:
- You should avoid being near to the patients suffering from various infections. If you are exposed to measles and chickenpox, then you consult your doctor immediately.
- In the case of pregnancy, this medicine should be used only when clearly needed.
- This medication may decrease a child's growth if used for a long time, so you should consult a doctor.