Erlocip available in tablet form comprises of generic Erlotinib as an active component. This medicine is used for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. Erlocip, when consumed along with Gemcitabine, is used for treating pancreatic cancer that has multiplied to nearby tissues or to other parts of the body. Erlocip is available in the doses of 100mg and 150mg.
Prescribed dose of Erlocip
- In the case of non- small lung cancer: A person should consume one tablet of this medicine 1 hour before the consumption of food or 2 hours after the intake of the meal.
- In the case of pancreatic cancer: The recommended daily dose of Erlotinib is 100 mg, which should be taken one hour before or two hours after the consumption of food.
Intake of Erlocip may lead to various unwanted ill effects such as rashes, diarrhea, cough, nausea, fatigue, infection, vomiting, dry skin, abdominal pain and conjunctivitis, dyspnea, stomatitis and anorexia.
Medicines that should not be consumed along with Erlocip are:
- Anti-HIV medicine such as Atazanavir, Indinavir, Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, Saquinavir
- Antibiotics such as Clarithromycin, Telithromycin
- Anti-epileptic drugs such as Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital,
- Azole antifungal such as Ketoconazole, Voriconazole and Itraconazole.
Important points to be kept in mind while administering Erlocip are:
- You should avoid consumption of grapefruit or grape juice along with this medicine as it increases the level of medicine in the blood.
- Person already consuming azole antifungal such as Ketoconazole should administer Erlocip with extreme caution.
- If a person is having the history of hypersensitivity towards toward generic Erlotinib, then you should not consume this medicine.