Cytoxan is basically indicated to treat various types of cancer like leukemia, multiple myeloma, lymphomas, ovarian cancer, eye cancer and breast cancer. Generic Cyclophosphamide is a main pharmaceutical ingredient available in Cytoxan and it belongs to the category of Antineoplastic.
Generic Cyclophosphamide works by slowing down the growth and development of certain cancer cells.
Contraindications of Cytoxan-
Cytoxan is strictly contraindicated in case of following medical conditions-
- Hypersensitivity towards generic Cyclophosphamide
- Severe bone marrow disorders
- Renal or hepatic dysfunction
- Cardiac disorders
- Breathing disorders or asthma
- Skin problem
Drug interactions of Cytoxan-
Certain kinds of drugs may interact with Cyclophosphamide-
- Anti-gout drugs- Allopurinol, Zyloprim
- Anti-coagulant drugs- Warfarin, Heparin, and Coumadin
- Anti-convulsant drugs- Phenytoin, Phenobarbital, and Carbamazepine
- Thiazide diuretics- Furosemide, Thalidone, and Hydrochlorothiazide
Prescribed dose of Cytoxan-
The dosing of Cytoxan depends on the person to person, on the basis of age, body weight and severity of the disease. Cytoxan is available as tablet formulation. So, you should take this tablet by the mouth with a glassful of water. The prescribed dose of +Cytoxan is 1.5 mg to 2.5 mg per kg of body weight per day.
Negative effects of Cytoxan-
Common adverse effects of Cytoxan include nausea, vomiting, blood-related problem, infertility issues, cancer, skin rashes, severe headache, drowsiness, shallow breathing and chest pain.
Special safety precautions-
- Don't consume this drug in case of pregnancy and lactation.
- Children under the age of 18 years are not eligible for the intake of Cyclophosphamide.
- Avoid smoking and drinking of alcohol with Cytoxan as it may aggravate the adverse effects.
- Avoid bruising and saving as Cytoxan disturbs the ability of a body to heal.