Generic Clopidogrel is a platelet aggregation inhibitor, which is used for reducing the risk of stroke, heart attack, or death in patients who have already had a heart attack or stroke. This medicine functions by slowing or inhibiting the platelets from sticking to blood vessel walls or injured tissues.
Prescribed dose of Clopidogrel
A person should administer the prescribed dose of 75 mg daily, orally in combination with aspirin once in a day. This medicine should be administered along with full glass of water.
Contraindications of Clopidogrel
- A person having hypersensitivity towards generic Clopidogrel should avoid intake of this medicine.
- If you are having active bleeding problem, like bleeding in stomach due to ulcers or bleeding in brain, then you should not consume this medicine.
- If you are consuming proton pump inhibitor, then you should not consume this medicine.
ntake of Clopidogrel may lead to various unwanted ill effects such as excessive tiredness, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea and nose bleeding.
Precautions to be followed while administering Clopidogrel are:
- Intake of generic Clopidogrel may lead to dizziness so you should avoid driving or doing any work that requires complete alertness and quick response.
- This medicine should be used with extreme caution in case of children and geriatric patients as they are more sensitive towards the side effect of this medicine.
- Intake of this medicine may reduce the number of clot-forming cells known as platelets in your blood. You should avoid doing the activities that may cause bruising or injury.
- You should tell the doctor about the consumption of this medicine before going through any surgery , dental care and emergency care.