Casodex contains Bicalutamide is a potential medication that is commonly used for the treatment of prostate cancer. This medication is used in combination with a luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH). Casodex (Bicalutamide) is a class of medication known as nonsteroidal antiandrogens. In prostate cancer, the cancer cells require the male hormone testosterone to develop and multiply well. It works by prohibiting the effect of androgen (a male hormone), that cause inhibition of the growth and spread of cancer cells. This is an orally administered medication.
What are the contraindications of Casodex?
- If you are allergic to ingredient present in the Casodex then in that case you should not use this medication.
- Do not use this medication if you are pregnant planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding as it can harm the baby.
- You should not use this medication if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement. .
- You should not use this medication if you have liver problems or diabetes.
- Avoid use of alcohol along with this medication drowsiness or dizziness.
- In the case of elderly patient you should use with proper care.
What are the drug interactions of Casodex?
Do not use following medication along with Casodex Warfarin, Midazolam, Alprazolam, Amlodipine, Diltiazem.
Method of administration of Casodex:
The Casodex is available in 50 mg tablet dosage form. Administer this medication by mouth with full glass of water. This medication can be administered or without food. Take this medication each day at same time.
What are the side effects of Casodex?
Constipation; decreased sexual ability; diarrhea, back, pelvic, stomach, or general body pain, dizziness, frequent urination, especially at night, gas, headache and hot.