Generic Bimatoprost Careprost Eye Drop is meant for the eye care and provides the safety from the high intraocular pressure in the eye. The high pressure in eye produces ocular hypertension and glaucoma. It works by controlling the fluid of the eye, which decreasing the eye pressure. This drug is mainly prescribed for the treatment of some type of glaucoma like open angle glaucoma and other type of high intraocular pressure in the eye.
Generic Bimatoprost is an active ingredient of Careprost Eye Drops. This drug lowers the intraocular pressure and decreases the risk of glaucoma. Bimatoprost prevents the eye from the infection. Bimatoprost is a type of an analogue of the prostaglandin, which used to increase the drainage of aqueous humor of the eye ball in the eye. Due to the reduction in the liquid of the eye the high pressure gets decreased and treats the high intraocular pressure.
Contraindications: avoid the use of this drug if you have an allergy to any ingredient in Bimatoprost drops. Do not of this drug if you have a herpes infection of the eye. If you use any other eye drug like bimatoprost, then avoid the use of this drug. Pregnant females should not use this drug. If you have any type of swelling, infection, or injury in the eye, then do not use this drug. Avoid the use of this drug in case if you have a history of inflammation in the eye e.g., iritis, uveitis.
How to use this drug:
- Before applying the drug wash hands properly.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper for the sake of the infection free area.
- Tilt your head back and pull down your lower eyelid with the help of the hand, then make a pouch shape in this proton.
- Put the drug in this portion with the help of the eye dropper.
- Do not blink the eye just after putting the drug.
Missed dose: In case of the missed dose apply it as soon as possible. Do not repeat the dose for making up the missed dose it produces some side effects.
Overdose: overdose produces some unwanted side effects so do not apply it in extra amount. If you apply the drug in extra quantity then take the help from the doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Swelling or redness in the eye
- Eye discomfort
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye burning
- Feeling of having something in your eye
- Increased tear production
Precaution should be taken while using this drug:
- Do not use this drug if you are allergic to the generic Bimatoprost or any of its compounds.
- Avoid the use of this drug if you have iritis, uveitis, etc.
- Avoid the too much use of this drug as it decreases the effectiveness of the drug.
- Do not use other eye drops along with this drug if you are using other drug then take a 10 minute rest in between the administration of the two drugs.