Bimat eye drop is a brand containing Bimatoprost as its active component. This Bimat eyelash drops is a renowned medication used to treat eye disorders like Glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Glaucoma is a eye disorder in which the pressure raised more than the normal eye pressure, due to this optic nerve get damages and vision may loss.
It is Bimatoprost is the active ingredient of Bimat eye drops. It comes under the category of prostamide analogue. It acts by draining the fluid from the eyes and decrease the raised pressure. This eye drop helpful in Hyprotrichosis as it increases the melanin content.
This eye drop is CONTRAINDICATED in some individuals, so they should not use this eye drop.
- It should not used by persons suffering from eye infection or inflammation.
- You should not use this if you are allergic to Bimatoprost or any of its inactive ingredients.
- Avoid this drug if you are suffering from liver and kidney disease.
Store this drug at a temperature not more than 250c. It should be stored away from moisture, flame and direct sunbeam. Keep it away from children and pets.
DOSAGE OF BIMAT EYE DROPS
In case of glaucoma, it is suggested to instill one drop in the affected eye in the evening once in a day.
For the ocular hypertension it is recommend instill one drop of this as a single dose in the evening.
The person should not used this eye drop more than the recommended dose, as the extra use of this eye drop causes harsh pain in the eye, swelling of the eye, vision disorders, drowsiness, fever and itching, In such case contact to the doctor.
In case of missed dose, individual should use it when come to know about it. But if it is time for the next dose, then take the next dose by skipping missed dose. The individual should not take two doses at a same time.
Common SIDE EFFECTS may observe after administration of this eye drop, such as hazy vision, itching and inflammation in the eyes, reddening of the eyes. In such cases individual must contact to the doctor.
SOME IMPORTANT POINT WHICH SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHILE ADMINISTRATION OF THIS EYE DROP
- The individual should not touch the tip of a eye dropper, as it may increase the risk of developing of microbial contamination.
- While using this eye drop, take off the contact lenses.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant female should use it with extra care.
- In case of using more than 2 eye drops, the individual should maintain a gap of at least 10 minutes.