Brief overview of Provigil
Provigil tablet comprises of generic Modafinil as an active component. This medicine is used to promote wakefulness, so it treats excessive sleepiness caused by sleep apnea, narcolepsy, or shift work sleep disorder. Provigil functions by changing the natural chemicals called neurotransmitters in the brain.
Prescribed dose of Provigil
- For treatment of Narcolepsy and obstructive sleep apnea: A person should administer a recommended dose of 200 mg orally once in a day in the morning as a single dose .
- For the treatment of work shift disorder: The recommended dosage of 200 mg should be consumed orally once a day as a single dose, 1 hour before the beginning of the work shift.
Contraindications of Provigil
- A person having the history of hypersensitivity towards generic Modafinil should avoid intake of this medicine.
- Do not consume this medicine if you are having a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
- If you are going through the problem of liver or kidney disease, then you should not consume this medicine.
Intake of Provigil may lead to various undesired ill effects such as headache, dizziness, feeling nervous, back pain, nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach, sleep problems and stuffy nose.
Important points to be kept in mind while administering Provigil are:
- Consumption of Provigil makes a person feel sleepy and lethargic so you should not drive or do any work that requires complete alertness.
- Do not consume alcohol or any product containing alcohol along with this medicine as it may lead to various undesired side effects.
- In the case of geriatric patients, this medicine should be used with extreme care as they are more sensitive towards the effect of this medicine.