Aventyl is used to treat moderate to severe depression. Generic Nortriptyline is a main therapeutic agent found in Aventyl and it belongs to the class of Tricyclic Anti-depressant drugs. Aventyl improves mood and feeling of well-being, relieve anxiety and tension and boost your energy level. Generic Nortriptyline works by balancing the natural chemicals known as Neurotransmitters in the brain.
Contraindications of Aventyl-
Aventyl should not be administered in case of allergy towards generic Nortriptyline, heart disease, thyroid disorder, diabetes, narrow-angle glaucoma, urination problem, bipolar disorders, history of heart attack, stroke or seizures.
Drug interactions of Aventyl-
- Narcotic painkillers
- Sleeping pills
- Medicine for the treatment of anxiety, depression or seizures
- SSRI Antidepressant drugs like Citalopram, Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine
Doses of Aventyl-
Aventyl is available as a capsule formulation and it should be prescribed to one to four times within a day. Take this drug with proper food and on each same time. You have to gradually increase the dose of Aventyl based on the severity of depression, age, and body weight.
Detrimental effects of Aventyl-
Nausea, drowsiness, stomach distress, frequent urination, excessive sweating, change in sexual drive, weakness, tiredness and anxiety are the most common adverse effects of Nortriptyline.
Special safety and precautions-
- Do not end the consumption of Aventyl suddenly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms like a severe headache, nausea, stomach upset, skin rashes, muscle pain and shallow breathing. So, prevent these effects you should gradually reduce the dose of Nortriptyline.
- Breastfeeding and pregnant women should strictly avoid the use of Aventyl.
- Children under the age group of 16 years should not take Aventyl.
- Smoking and use of alcohol with Aventyl are strictly inadvisable.
- Aventyl drug should be administered only for few days otherwise, it may cause drug addiction.