Aromasin with an active ingredient Exemastane lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women, which may slow the growth of certain types of breast tumors that need estrogen to grow in the body. Aromasin is used to treat breast cancer in postmenopausal women. It is often given to women whose cancer has progressed even after surgery, radiation, or other cancer medications have been tried without success.
Dosage Information of Aromasin:
Aromasin is available in the strength of 25mg to be taken once a day after a meal. Try to take the medicine same time each day. Use the medicine regularly to get the maximum benefit. This is a prescription medicine, so it should be taken only after the suggestion from the doctor and as prescribed by the physician. Some side effects are likely to occur while using this medicine such as swelling in hands, shortness of breath, chest pain, numbness and headache.
Do not take Aromasin if you are-
- allergic to active ingredient Exemastane
- Pregnant or able to become pregnant and during breast feeding
- still having menstrual periods
- liver or kidney disease
Estrogens (such as ethinyl estradiol, conjugated estrogens), estrogen blockers (such as anastrozole, tamoxifen), Prescription, over the counter medicines and herbal products might interfere with the activity of this medication, so avoid use of these medications along with Aromasin.
- Avoid alcohol products while using this medication
- Avoid driving or operating any machinery that requires your alertness as use of this medication can make you feel dizzy
- This medication can decrease bone mineral density, so you must talk with your doctor before using this medication