Advair Inhaler is principally recommended for the management of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and emphysema. Generic Salmeterol and Fluticasone are available as a combined form in the Advair inhaler.
- Fluticasone is a steroid that acts by inhibiting the release of chemicals in the body that make inflammation.
- Salmeterol is a potent bronchodilator, which reveals its function by relaxing the muscles in the airways to perk up rate of breathing.
Contraindication of Advair Inhaler-
Advair Inhaler is not indicated if you are suffering from Thyroid disorders, Glaucoma, Tuberculosis, Osteoporosis, Epilepsy or seizure disorders and Renal or hepatic dysfunction
Drug interaction of Advair Inhaler-
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Miconazole
- Ritonavir, Lopinavir, and Saquinavir
- Warfarin, Heparin and Clopidogrel
- Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin
Method of administration of Advair Inhaler-
An asthmatic patient should inhaler the medication once a day.
Adverse effects of Advair Inhaler-
nausea, bone pain, throat irritation, muscle pain, cough, deepening of voice, headache, breathless, choking, harshness, chest pain, irregular heart rate, tremors, increased urination, muscle weakness, and exhaustion.
Special safety and precautions-
- Advair Inhaler is not planned for kids below the age of 4 years.
- Advair Inhaler is not meant for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Give up your habits of smoking and alcohol with Advair Inhaler.
- Maintain a distance from those people who are facing the problem of asthma as it may increase the risk of infection.
- Never use any other Anti-asthmatic drugs or inhaler if you are using Advair Inhaler.